Monday, January 18, 2010

Dinner with Andy at Cafe Olé (DC)

You know how everyone has those friends who you totally love (I mean seriously LOVE), but you don't get to see each other as often as you'd like? Well, Andy Bowen is one of those friends. Ladies and gents, trust me, this dude is awesome. I was a history major well before him and I met, but his serious, dedicated passion for the subject definitely pushed me to be enthusiastic about my own love of it. If it weren't for his encouragement, I never would have decided to write a history thesis and really dive into my interests. Consequently, new resolution for 2010: see Andy more frequently!

I had the pleasure of having dinner with Andy a couple weeks ago at Cafe Olé a mediterranean mezze restaurant in the Tenleytown neighborhood of DC. I heard about Cafe Olé years ago when a professor told me they had the best calamari he had ever had. I'm a calamari lover, so I never forgot that comment and have had Cafe Olé in the back of my mind since then. I really enjoyed our dinner there! I thought the food was reasonably priced and everything was fresh and flavorful. I'd definitely like to go back because there were so many other things on the menu I want to try, and as usual, I'll keep you posted!

Andy's beef kabob, served with the most amazingly fantastic hummus


Eggplant Napoleon: layers of mozzarella, tomato, grilled eggplant, and basil pesto



THE infamous calamari, tender and deliciously grilled on tabbouleh salad


4000 Wisconsin Ave NW
202.244.1330
Metro: Tenleytown-AU

6 comments:

Dora said...

The eggplant tower looks excellent!

Manggy said...

I think the Calamari might be my favorite thing here too :) It's always great to meet up with a good friend! :)

A.M. Bowen said...

You're too sweet for words, Sara. YOU ARE INCREDIBLE. And a good writer/cook to boot.

Unknown said...

Those kabobs look delicious!

krinkina said...

your entries are making me drool all over the keyboard here at the library. hope to see you over spring break!

Marinate Me Baby - Staff said...

The Calamari looks FANTASTIC!