Thursday, October 18, 2007

Confetti Crab Cakes


I felt like making crab cakes last night because I have been craving crab and wanting to make this recipe since I first saw it in the July issue of Health (thats right...it's been sitting in my drawer for quite a while). The crab cakes themselves were delicious, but I wish I would have made them a bit larger so they would have held together better while frying. The recipe didn't call for it, but I threw in a handful of fresh parsley when mixing and it added an extra freshness. I served them with a homemade cumin guacamole and mango salsa.

Confetti Crab Cakes
adapted from Health magazine

1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
1/2 cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil or butter

Combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, scallions, bell pepper, and Old Bay seasoning in a medium bowl. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice; mix with a fork. Form mixture into 8 patties about 3 inches in diameter. I made them smaller then this, because I liked the idea of a lot of little ones, but this didn't turn out to be so bright because several of them fell apart while frying.

Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Fry crab cakes until browned on the bottom (about 4 minutes); turn and cook 4 more minutes.

Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 crab cakes)

1 comment:

Clovis Auto Locksmith said...

Great reading your blog postt