Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sweet Potato Fries


Sweet Potato Fries truly are one of my favorite foods of all time. They are so delicious and versatile. They are a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin B6, potassium, and iron. I also really like mashed sweet potatoes, but the fries can be baked without the tons of butter I am always tempted to add to the mashed version, heh. I made these last night as an accompaniment to the crab cakes and served them up with a honey dijon sauce and a spicy mustard and sweet onion mixture.

I just chopped up two sweet potatoes (I prefer the pieces thicker so they are still mushy on inside...but that's just me), added sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and finely chopped parsley, and baked at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Delicious!

No comments: